Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Death of a Playmate

I was very intrigued reading this story.  Within the first few sentences, I was already hooked because I knew how Dorothy's life ended but not the events that lead up to it.  I found the story to be interesting because when I think of Playboy bunnies, I don't think of their lives and their stories or where they come from; I just think of them as Playboy bunnies.  I liked that we were given Dorothy's backstory because it put her life into perspective and humanized her.  I did have a hard time following the story at some points because of the way the pages were set up but it had nothing to do with the writing.  Teresa Carpenter did a very nice job writing about Dorothy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kendal. I didn't really like the story. It was sad that she was murdered, especially after being taken advantage of and being seen as a free ride to stardom, but I didn't like the way the story was written. I felt like there was a lot of unnecessary filler info in there that made me want to skim the story instead of reading it in its entirety. I'm glad you enjoyed though. :)

    ReplyDelete